1)Which two ports are used to connect external media readers to a computer? (Choose two.)
2)Why should you use an antistatic mat when working on the internal components of a computer?
#Reduce the chance of computer components being damaged by ESD
3)Under which circumstance would the use of an antistatic wrist strap be discouraged?
#When working with high voltage circuits
4)What is a critical step when installing a second PATA hard drive in a computer?
#Ensure that pin one of the PATA data cable is correctly aligned with the connector
5) A technician needs to retrieve a DVD from an optical drive that is jammed and fails to open. What is the best method the technician could use to retrieve the DVD?
#Insert a pin in the small hole next to the eject button.
6)Which method of disk writing does RAID 5 use?
7) A customer is interested in video editing and has purchased a FireWire hard drive for storage of videos. However, no FireWire ports are available on the motherboard. What type of adapter will the customer be interested in obtaining?
8) When a computer boots, the hard disk is not recognized. What are two possible causes of the problem? (Choose two.)
#The power cable is not attached properly to the drive.
#The data cable is loose or disconnected.
9)What is the recommended procedure for cleaning a computer fan assembly?
#Hold the fan blades in place and clean them with compressed air
10)While performing routine maintenance, a user notices that the desk area around the computer is cluttered and dusty. After cleaning the desk area, what action should the user take to clean the computer?
#Remove all dust and debris from the computer using a can of compressed air.
11) What manufacturing process makes a multicore processor operate faster than a single-core processor on the same motherboard?
#The multicore processors are designed with multiple processors integradet into the same circuit.
12) You are monitoring a new technician installing a device driver on a Windows-based PC. The technician asks why the company requires the use of signed drivers. What would be the best response to give?
#A signed driver has passed Microsoft's quality lab test and prevents a system from being compromised.
13)When a technician is servicing a laser printer, which two dangers need to be avoided? (Choose two) #electrical shock
14)What is the recommended way to clean an optical drive?
#Use compressed air and lint-free cotton swabs
15)A technician has determined that a computer is failing to boot because of a power supply that is not supplying power to the hard drives. What is the correct course of action?
#No attempt should be made to repair the power supply. The power supply should be replaced with a power supply of equal or greater wattage
16)Which type of hard drive cable connects drives in a daisy chain series and requires manual termination at each end of the daisy chain to prevent data corruption?
17) A technician is concerned that a computer is overheating. The computer reboots without warning. What can the technician do to improve the circulation of air through the computer?
#Replace the case with one that has front air vents.
18)How should a floppy disk drive be cleaned.
#Use a drive cleaning kit
19)Why should a technician avoid using magnetized tools when repairing a computer?
#They store ESD and discharge on contact with computer components.
20) A technician begins gathering data from a customer by asking open-ended questions. Which question is a proper open-ended question?
#What happens when the PC is powered on?